We’re excited to announce we’ve launched four new skills courses designed for experienced candidates who are planning to sit OET soon and looking for authentic practice material and expert advice.
We know how valuable high-quality practice materials are for you, and that’s why we’ve introduced a skills course for each sub-test packed full of practice content! Each course contains plenty of practical tasks and study resources. Our Education team has designed the courses to ensure you’ll have guidance on the criteria and learning skills required to succeed on test day.
Our courses are self-paced and allow you to study anytime, on any device. You can choose to complete all the courses or pick specific skills you want to boost before your test.
Check out the handy guide below to learn more about each course.
The Writing Skills Course and Speaking Skills Course are designed to provide candidates with comprehensive learning required to tackle each sub-test, and samples to self-evaluate their responses.
Writing Skills Course – what you’ll do:
- Explore the assessment criteria in detail with corresponding lessons.
- Guided practice as well as self-guided practice with sample letters so you can apply your knowledge to brand-new sample tests.
- Access 'Useful language' workbooks to improve vocabulary and grammar for the test.
Speaking Skills Course – what you’ll do:
- Discover how OET assessors score your speaking with samples that have assessor scores and comments.
- Explore the Linguistic and Clinical Communication Criteria in detail with short lessons on each with scripted samples.
- Download resources like checklists and vocabulary lists.
The Listening Skills Course and Reading Skills Course have been designed to provide information for candidates to prepare efficiently and self-evaluate their responses with practice tests.
Listening Skills Course – what you’ll do:
- Explore each portion of the Listening sub-test in detail with strategies for each part, and recommendations to help you tackle practice tasks.
- Practice the skills and requirements needed for success in the test and healthcare workplaces.
- Apply your knowledge to brand new sample tests with answer explanations and transcripts.
Reading Skills Course – what you’ll do:
- Explore each portion of the Reading subtest in detail with recommendations for tackling each part, and practice test tasks to help you prepare.
- Practice the skills and strategies needed for success in the test and healthcare workplaces.
- Apply your knowledge to brand new sample tests with answer explanations.
Our best advice
You’ll have the most success (and the most fun!) if you pace yourself and study in a way that is manageable and sustainable – don’t burn yourself out or cram! We’ve made it easy with expert-prepared checklists and downloadable material so you can check your answers - and your progress.
Want to get started? Join us in the OET Study Sprint!
If you’re ready to supercharge your OET preparation, join us for a FREE two-week Study Sprint via Facebook. Our Education team has created this program to provide guided study, and it gives you access to these new courses! Join us on 25 September 2023 via Facebook.
Happy studying and good luck! Check out the Study Sprint event.