Become an OET teacher
Ensuring candidate success is at the heart of what we do, and we welcome educators from across the globe in joining our OET teacher community. Our free online teacher training is designed to help you deeply understand the OET Test and the language skills that candidates need for success on test day and in the workplace.
Don’t have a background in healthcare? No problem. You can still become an OET teacher. Our resources, including a series of online courses, will provide you with all the information and confidence you need to start working with test takers.
OET Teacher Training
Begin your OET teaching journey with our free training. It is self-paced, 100% online and accessible from any device. Once you’ve completed your training, you’ll earn a digital OET Knowledge badge that can be shared on social media and your website.
What you will learn:
- Key facts about the OET Test including how to support your students to book and manage their test booking
- An overview of how the OET Test is assessed
- In-depth detail about each sub-test (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) including skills you will need to teach and downloadable lesson plans.
- Effective strategies for teaching healthcare English (English for Specific Purposes)
- Considerations to help you set up your first OET Test preparation course
Join our OET teaching community
As soon as you begin OET Teacher Training, you are automatically added to the global OET teaching community.
Benefits of the community:
- Monthly newsletters from the OET Education team with curated content specifically for teachers
- Invitation to join free OET professional development events held four times per year
- Interact with your peers in the Teacher Training discussion board
- Opportunities to meet virtually or in-person with our four Education Specialists based in key global markets and the Education team based in Melbourne, Australia
Want to become a listed partner?
Our listed partners are endorsed by us because they have proven that they offer high quality teaching that really delivers success for our candidates.
Benefits of listing:
- Use of the Premium Provider logo
- Prominent listing on the OET website and direct endorsement to candidates on social media and via email campaigns
- Opportunity to join OET All Stars and deliver live classes on the @OfficialOET YouTube channel
- Opportunity to provide courses through our Pathways programmes with stakeholder partners.
New partner applications
We have currently paused new partner applications. Email OETeducation@oet.com.au for more details.