Why choose the OET Test?
Why choose the OET Test?
Our test is healthcare specific, so it's easier for you to succeed
The preferred English test for healthcare professionals
Our test is not your typical English test. The OET Test is designed especially for healthcare workers like you. That means you’re tested on topics you already know from your daily work and previous healthcare studies. Plus, it’s trusted and recognised by more healthcare organisations around the world as the preferred test for healthcare professionals.
With the OET Test, you can feel confident you're selecting an English test that’s relevant to your global healthcare career.
More healthcare professionals prefer the OET Test because:
- Uses real healthcare scenarios so you’ll know what to expect and feel more confident on test day
Most accepted English test by healthcare organisations globally, so it’s easier for you prove your English proficiency for medical or nursing certification. The OET Test is also accepted for visa purposes in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand
Helps you develop relevant language skills for success in your global healthcare career – see success stories about people like you
- Easy to prepare for, using our wide library of learning resources – check them out now!
Patient safety and quality care
Limited language proficiency is an obstacle to effective communication affecting quality of care. The OET Test is designed to replicate the critical tasks of healthcare workplace settings and measure abilities across the skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Reliable and backed by research
Delivered worldwide through secure facilities with highly-trained staff. Underpinned by Cambridge Assessment English and the University of Melbourne, and backed by ongoing research from leading academic institutions.
Preferred by healthcare organisations
Healthcare organisations and regulators choose to recognise the OET Test because it helps them to select healthcare professionals with the right level of English proficiency to deliver safe and high quality care.
Why these organisations choose OET
- Governments, healthcare boards and councils have a crucial role to play in safe-guarding public safety and the OET Test gives confidence for safe and effective practice.
- Educators integrate OET preparation and testing and accept OET Test results for entry into healthcare courses, helping students to demonstrate they are ready to communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Employers know that limited language proficiency is an obstacle to effective communication and quality of care. Our test replicates the critical tasks of workplace settings and measure candidates’ abilities in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- Teachers have access to the knowledge and tools needed to run high quality OET preparation courses.
- Agents know that the OET Test is most suitable for healthcare professionals for visa and healthcare registration.