Do you need to take an English test to work or study in healthcare in the UK, the US, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Ukraine, Dubai, Singapore or Namibia? Then OET is the test for you!
By taking OET you will prove you have the right level of English plus you’ll be learning the kind of language you will need every day at work.
Healthcare professionals choose OET because:
- OET uses real healthcare scenarios so you’ll feel more confident on test day.
- OET is widely recognised as proof of English proficiency for registration, study and work in the healthcare sector, as well as for visas in some countries.
- OET helps you develop language skills for success in your career – see stories about people like you.
- It’s easy to prepare for the test using the OET Preparation Portal – check it out now!
- Test materials that reflect real workplace scenarios so you’ll know what to expect and feel more confident on test day.
Test materials that reflect real workplace scenarios so you’ll know what to expect and feel more confident on test day.
Use the language skills you learn immediately, and for the rest of your career.
Official preparation material you can access anytime, anywhere.
Healthcare organisations and regulators choose OET because it helps them to select healthcare professionals with the right level of English proficiency to deliver safe and high quality care.
Patient safety and quality care
Limited language proficiency is an obstacle to effective communication affecting quality of care. OET is designed to replicate the critical tasks of healthcare workplace settings and measure abilities across the skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Valid and reliable
Underpinned by Cambridge Assessment English and the University of Melbourne, OET has featured prominently in research literature relating to language testing in specific-purpose contexts.
Highly secure and trustworthy
Delivered world-wide through secure facilities with highly-trained staff. Our centres perform robust identity and malpractice checks. Test materials are assessed centrally using secure results verification service for recognising organisations.
Why these organisations choose OET
- Governments, healthcare boards and councils have a crucial role to play in safe-guarding public safety and OET gives confidence for safe and effective practice.
- Educators integrate OET preparation and testing and accept OET results for entry into healthcare courses, helping students to demonstrate they are ready to communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Employers know that limited language proficiency is an obstacle to effective communication and quality of care. OET replicates the critical tasks of workplace settings and measure candidates’ abilities in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- Teachers have access to the knowledge and tools needed to run high quality OET preparation courses.
- Agents know that OET is recommended by healthcare professionals as most suitable for visa and healthcare registration.